Monday 3 October 2011

Continuing The Even more extensive Phase Two

First job of removing the mid cross member went well, more bolts snapped than undid but it came free.
I took a view that is would be best to cut the ends off the cross member to aid getting them out.





But even after cutting both ends off I could remove it! I bit of research and I realised that the rear body would need to be lifted to get the old one out and the new one in!
After much thought I decided I may as well remove the whole rear section, this would have the benefit of me being able to clean and wax the chassis underneath and paint all sections of the rear tub while its off the vehicle....... so it seams there is a lot of work to do.
First off I removed the rear doors and roof.


Next off was the rear door and side windows.



Next off was the drivers side sill. 



And that brings the weekend to a close. All in all a very productive weekend even if I'm doing more work then I hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment