Sunday 15 May 2011

Refitting Bulkhead Continued

Well as I hoped progress over the weekend was good. I started out by putting the heater unit onto the bulkhead.
I then fitted the top water hose.

The lower dash then went on to better support and help organise the wiring loom

The the new style dash fascia was installed. I have decided to use this 2003 style dash fascia as I think it looks smarter.

I'm also opting for a Raptor dash, so both the lower dash and dash fascia had to be cut to allow fitment.

Here is the dash with the carcass of the raptor dash fitted, I think it looks very smart and will look even better with the dash panels and switches fitted.

Next I cut an refitted the vent control lever covers, there is a slight compatibility issue here so I've had to glue them in.

At this point I have taken out the LPG system and fitted the screen frame.

After much thought I've decided that I'm not happy with the dash finish around the vent controls, so I will be making my own out of aluminum. Here is the first cutting I have made. This will be sanded and painted black.

For most the weekend Ed has been lending hand trying to deal with the wiring loom, A job which I hate the look of, so thanks to Ed!

No comments:

Post a Comment