Tuesday 17 August 2010

Let’s Off Road! More Adventures.


Well after a full weekend of green laning and £75 worth of petrol she is still going strong and proved to be very capable off road, even with road tyres on! However the end of the first day saw us nearly get stuck, the ruts were slightly too deep for diff clearance.

However damage has been sustained; it’s now missing a side light, indicator and the bumper has been bent! These parts were due for upgrade at some point so I’m not too bothered.



The parts in the garage are building up and it’s nearly time to “quickly” swap the bulkhead for a fresh one.

Interesting occurrence at the weekend: I have discovered that there is a breed of person that will buy a Defender (one of the best off roaders going), strap a self recovery winch to the front of it and then…… Vow to never take it off road, in fear of scratching it! Also coming out with other excuses when pestered further such as “I have the wrong tyres” “my winch isn't fitted” (Granted I did use the last two, however I attempted 95% off the off road we drove, and left only the worst areas)

This breed of person was also the same that was giving me grief for not attempting a route in which I know I would get stuck, even though he hasn’t even been off road with his!

So next time you see Glynn Davis, please give him some stick as he is this breed of person. (Apparently the winch is for pulling out tree stumps, what a TW@)

Also spare a thought for his poor defender who will live out the rest of its life on the road as a glorified Chelsea Tractor, and not in the mud having fun where is belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment